The Respiratory Care Program at Acuity Hospital of South Texas is designed to provide a comprehensive interdisciplinary approach for complete respiratory care to patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Program is directed by experienced and dedicated physicians. Our pulmonologists design a plan to meet each patient's individual needs.
One of our key focuses is the ventilator weaning program. We realize that no two patients are the same, so our ventilator weaning and management programs are very patient specific. The Respiratory Program goal is to advance our patients to their optimal level of health and independence through proven clinical pathways.
Advantages to the Acuity Hospital of South Texas Respiratory Program
- Pulmonary Care Plans are tailored to meet the needs of each individual patient. Ventilator Management and Weaning
- The Patient Care Plan is updated weekly. Progress toward goals are discussed with the patient and/or the family after each Care Plan update.
- Respiratory Therapists are on the unit 24/7 to assure the best possible pulmonary care.
- The Respiratory Team works in conjunction with nursing and therapy services to provide a multidisciplinary approach. Patients are gotten out of bed as cleared by the physician.
- Excellent patient/family education and training are provided to ensure they are part of the healthcare team and are able to participate in the process and progress.
· Ventilator Management and Weaning
· Respiratory Treatments
· C-pap and Bi-pap
· Ventilator Associated Pneumonia Protocols
· Pulse Oximetry monitoring and trending
· Arterial Blood Gas analysis